Looking Back at 10 Years of OPTIZMO
As we continue to celebrate our 10th Anniversary in 2019, it’s fun to look back at some of our company milestones and things that have happened in the email marketing industry over the past decade. Here are a few highlights from the past 10 years.
The email and affiliate marketing industries have supported the growth of some great industry events and OPTIZMO has been a fixture at many of them over the past 10 years. Here’s a short list of some industry events our team has attended over the years.
- Affiliate Summit – Our team has attended over 20 Affiliate Summits in the last 10 years!
- LeadsCon – We’ve been attending LeadsCon every year for a decade.
- MailCon – We’re proud to be the Official Compliance Sponsor for MailCon year after year.
- Email Evolution Conference – We attended this event in 2018, down in New Orleans.
- Email Insider Summit – Our Australia team checked out the event a few years ago.
- AdSum – We sponsored the event in Aspen in 2017.
- Traffic & Conversion Summit – We’re excited to add this event to our calendar going forward, after attending for the first time in 2019.
- Journey Summit – Another great new event for us in 2019.
We don’t like to toot our own horns too much, but there are two particular examples of industry recognitions we’ve received that we are especially happy to mention.
- OTA – Online Trust Honor Roll – We’ve made the list for 5 Consecutive Years!
- Inc 5000 List – We applied for the first time in 2018 and made the list! That’s a real challenge for a company in its 9th year.
One thing we’re particularly proud of is our position as a recognized thought-leader in the email marketing and email compliance industries. Part of being a thought leader is offering our perspective on key industry topics through various media outlets and other published content. Over the years, we’ve been published in Forbes, Adotas, FeedFront, Business2Community, among other media outlets. Various team executives have been interviewed by different media outlets, like Tech Company News, MarTech Advisor, Silicon Review, and FeedFront. We’ve also produced our own industry content in the form of several Infographics covering consumer Opt-Out behavior and a Guide to Email Suppression List Management.
Industry Participation & Leadership
We believe that being leaders in the email marketing and compliance arenas includes getting involved with key industry organizations and helping to shape the narrative around important issues facing digital marketers. With that in mind, we’ve participated in various industry organizations over the years. Just a few of those include:
- Data & Marketing Association (DMA) (Now part of the Association of National Advertisers) – where we also served on the Ethics Committee and co-authored consumer documents about email best practices.
- Performance Marketing Association (PMA) – where we sit on the Compliance Committee.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Online Trust Alliance (OTA) – where we have been a part of the Email Security Committee and helped shape messaging around email compliance to be presented to various federal governmental agencies.
As we look back at the past 10 years, we’re even more excited about what the next decade holds for OPTIZMO and our team. Continued growth, more team members, and new products and features are all on the horizon. However, what will never change is our unwavering dedication to our clients, providing the absolute best support, along with industry leading technology. We look forward to continuing our journey with all of our clients and partners! Here’s to the next 10 years!