OPTIZMO’s 2022 Email Opt-Out Data in a Nutshell
In the past few years, digital marketing as a whole has been disrupted by the pandemic, leading to accelerated growth in many channels, as companies shifted offline marketing budgets to digital at a rapid pace. Email was also a beneficiary of this shift and it was in the Email Opt-Out activity that OPTIZMO processed. With 2022 representing a return to ‘normal’ in many ways, how did that impact Opt-Out activity?
1. After years trying to catch up with Yahoo!, Gmail finally took over as the most active domain for email Opt-Out activity in 2022.
2. The weekday data shows a spike in Opt-Out activity on Thursday, which differs from previous years.
3. Looking at the past 3 years, there is some variance in Opt-Out volume by month. However, 2022 showed a big upswing at the start off the year, before settling in with the rest of the year’s averages until December.
4. Mobile continues to drive the majority of email Opt-Outs, however, we have seen some interesting shifts in this data in recent years.
5. Safari Mobile has been the top browser for Opt-Out activity since 2018, with Chrome gaining ground.
Download your free copy of the infographic for a more detailed breakdown of OPTIZMO’s email Opt-Out insights from 2022! Simply fill out the form below to get your copy. And if you want to see more great content from OPTIZMO, click here to check out our blog!
Free Download from OPTIZMO:
2022 Email Opt-Out Infographic
Please fill out the form below to download your copy.